Oakleigh Swimming Pool Rules
There are two swimming pools provided for the enjoyment of Oakleigh residents and their invited guests — an Olympic-sized swimming pool and a wading pool, both maintained at the clubhouse facility.
Updated June 2011
- An Owner is an Oakleigh property owner.
- A Resident is an Oakleigh property owner, a renter or a member of an Owner’s or renter’s family.
- A Member in Good Standing is a member of the Oakleigh Homeowners Association (HOA) whose assessments and fines are paid in full, and whose membership privileges (including the use of the Club House, Pool, Tennis Courts, or other Oakleigh facilities, and the right to bring Guests to those facilities) have not been revoked.
- A Guest is a non-resident who is allowed access to Oakleigh’s facilities when accompanied by a Resident.
- Pool Monitors are official representatives of the Oakleigh HOA whose function is to enforce all HOA rules within the Pool area.
Admission to the pool area is allowed with the following restrictions:
- Owners/Residents who are not a “Member in Good Standing” of the Oakleigh HOA are not permitted to use the pool.
- Owners/Residents will need a special Pool Access Card to get through the swimming pool gate. These cards are provided free-of-charge to new Residents. Replacement cards are $10. Pool access cards may be obtained from the Pool Monitors
- Owners/Residents shall be prepared to provide to the Pool Monitor, if requested, their Pool Access Card and/or another acceptable form of identification.
- Owners/Residents shall not open the Pool gate to admit anyone they do not recognize as an Oakleigh Resident.
- Each Owner is entitled to bring no more than four (4) Guests at a time to the pool, regardless of the number of Residents in the Owner’s family: one Guest per Owner, not one Guest per Resident or family member.
- Only an Owner or Resident who is a “Member in Good Standing” of the Oakleigh HOA may bring Guests to the Oakleigh facilities.
- All Guests must sign in at the Pool Monitors’ Station.
- All Guests must be accompanied by a Resident at all times while on the property.
- All Guests must leave the property when the Resident leaves.
- All Guests are expected to obey all HOA rules. Residents will be held accountable for their Guests’ behavior, and may be subject to fines and revocation of membership privileges as defined above.
- Rules for use of the Pool are posted in the Pool area. Residents and their Guests are expected to promptly obey all instructions of the Pool Monitors. Refusal to do so, as well as defiance or disrespect toward a Pool Monitor, will result in immediate expulsion from the Pool area, as well as possible fines and the revocation of membership privileges.
- Guests are not allowed to open the gate under any circumstances, except to leave the area.
- If the conditions at the pool exceed capacity, the Pool Monitor may refuse admission of Guests.
- Unescorted non-residents will be asked to leave the area and will be considered to be in trespass unless accompanied by a hosting Owner/Resident.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult (or a responsible person authorized in writing by the parent) at all times while in the pool area.
- The Pool Monitor has the authority to refuse admission to any unaccompanied child, and may request that an unaccompanied child leave the pool area if conditions at the pool do not allow for adequate supervision.
Swimming Pool Rules
The following rules for the use of the swimming pools must be followed in order to maximize the safety of all participants and to limit our liability as an association and individually. The Pool Monitors and members of the Board of Directors have full authority at the pool at all times and are authorized to institute additional rules or restrictions as conditions warrant.
- Owners/Residents and their Guests Swim at their Own Risk. There is no lifeguard on duty.
- Owners/Residents and their Guests must enter and exit the pool area through the Front Pool Gate only. Climbing over the fence is strictly prohibited.
- Non potty-trained children are restricted to the Wading Pool, and must wear plastic water-tight pants or swim diapers at all times in the pool area.
- The Wading Pool is for the use of children five (5) years and under. Unaccompanied children are not allowed in the wading pool. An adult must be present to supervise all children in the wading pool.
- All trash must be properly disposed of in the pool area trash containers.
- Glass, porcelain, pottery or other breakable objects of any kind are not allowed in the pool area.
- Squirt Guns are not allowed in the pool area.
- Balloons are not allowed in the pool area.
- Chewing gum is not allowed in the pool area.
- Smoking is not allowed in the pool area.
- Pets are not allowed in the pool area.
- The volume level of radios and other sound-producing equipment must not disturb others in the pool area. The Pool Monitor shall determine the appropriate volume level. Sounds produced by such equipment must not be audible more than fifty feet from the source; and all such equipment must be turned off after 10 PM.
- Diving is not allowed.
- Running in the pool area is strictly prohibited.
- Only “Nerf” balls and inflatable beach balls are allowed in the pool area. Tennis and all other kinds of balls, Frisbees, and all other hard objects used for throwing, are not allowed in or around the pool area.
- Flotation devices (rafts, boats, etc.) are allowed in the pool at the discretion of the Pool Monitor depending on pool crowd and conditions.
- Roller blades, heelys, bicycles, skateboards, and other types of recreational equipment not specifically designed for use at the pool are strictly prohibited.
- Pool Furniture and other equipment must not be removed from the pool area.
- Under-age drinking of alcoholic beverages, or the use of prohibited substances of any kind, is not allowed and will not be tolerated in the pool area or on any Oakleigh common property.
- Profanity and other inappropriate forms of behavior will not be tolerated in the pool area or on any Oakleigh common property.
Owners/Residents may host pre-scheduled pool parties subject to the following conditions (in addition to all other pool rules):
- More than four (4) guests shall constitute a pool party.
- To avoid scheduling conflicts, all pool parties must be scheduled in advance through our management company All-In-One Community Management https://allinonemgmt.com/ at 678-363-6479.
- For use of the pool area, Owners/Residents are required to sign a pool use agreement and pay a deposit of $100.00. The deposit check will be returned after an inspection of the pool area is conducted. The deposit check will be retained by the HOA if any of the provisions of the pool use agreement, or any of the pool rules contained herein, are violated, or if any damages to the pool or pool area are identified.
- The maximum number of guests for a pool party is 50. A scheduled party does not prohibit other Owners/Residents from using the pool.
- For any pool party that involves persons under the age of 14, a lifeguard or a designated responsible adult, must be provided at the Owners’s/Resident’s expense.
- Cleanup of the pool area following the party is the responsibility of the Owner/Resident hosting the pool party. All trash must be removed from Oakleigh’s premises.
The gas grills are provided for the use of Owners/Residents and their Guests under the following conditions:
- They are available on a first come, first serve basis.
- Charcoal, wood, gasoline or other flammable liquids may not be used in the grills.
- The grills must be thoroughly cleaned by the user after each use. (Cleaning instructions are posted at the grill site.)
Swim Hours & Adult Swim
The Pool Closes at 10 PM
Owners/Residents may request that the Pool Monitor call Adult Swim for 10 minutes each hour. The Monitor has discretion to call Adult Swim. At this time, all persons under the age of 16 must leave the pool when the break begins. This includes children who may be in the pool with their parents when the break time begins.